Why The Panthers Will Win 10 Games
Ok, I am out on a limb. I think this is the year Rivera and Co. make that leap into the postseason. And, these are the reasons why…….
1) Close Games- They can play with anyone (Atlanta Game 1 and Seattle) and beat anyone (Atlanta Game 2 and Washington). This is the year where I think the learn how to close more of the tight ones.
2) Fast Start- I think they can be 4-2 out of the gate this season. Under Rivera they are 3-12 in the months of September and October. If that changes and this team gets some early confidence, look out.
3) Front 7- If the LBs stay healthy and the rookie DTs are ready to roll, this could be one of the best Front 7s in the NFL. Run Stuffing on first down and pass rushing on later downs will win alot of games for this team.
4) Cam in year three- I believe Cam turned the corner late last year. Better decisions and more mature. If that continues, the wins will follow.
5) Division Games are doable- We were the better team in 5 of 6 divisional games last year. If they play like that and finish better, they could pressure the Falcons for the division title.