Man Holding Child Killed At SC Apartment
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Richland County sheriff’s deputies say a bystander holding his 3-year-old child was shot and killed at a Columbia apartment complex.
Deputies say the child was not injured in the shooting about 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The man was hit in the upper body and died at the scene. His name has not been released.
Sheriff’s spokesman Curtis Wilson said it appears the shooting occurred after an altercation between two groups that began Wednesday afternoon.
Wilson says the man does not appear to have been involved in the dispute and was standing in the parking lot holding the child when he was shot.
No arrests have been made.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Alaa Abdelnaby: I’m Leaning Towards Fair Or Parker As ACC POY
- Five Things: NCAA Tournament Bids And Wichita’s Perfection
- Transfers Find Second Home In The MAAC
- Five Things: Iona And Manhattan To Play For MAAC Title
- Christian Yelich Gives Marlins Power And Speed Atop Lineup
- Pairings Set For ACC Tournament In Greensboro
- Grizzlies Pull Away In Second Half, Beat Bobcats
- Parker Leads No. 4 Duke Past No. 14 UNC, 93-81
- Chiquita To Become World’s Top Banana Company
- NC State Beats Boston College 78-68