Man Holding Child Killed At SC Apartment
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Richland County sheriff’s deputies say a bystander holding his 3-year-old child was shot and killed at a Columbia apartment complex.
Deputies say the child was not injured in the shooting about 9 p.m. Wednesday.
The man was hit in the upper body and died at the scene. His name has not been released.
Sheriff’s spokesman Curtis Wilson said it appears the shooting occurred after an altercation between two groups that began Wednesday afternoon.
Wilson says the man does not appear to have been involved in the dispute and was standing in the parking lot holding the child when he was shot.
No arrests have been made.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- SC Education Agency Pulls Out Of Testing Program
- USDA Says NC Health Agency Met Food Stamp Deadline
- NC Officials Urge Caution After Hepatitis A Cases
- Police: Man Defecates In Lobby Of Charleston Hotel
- Charles Davis: I Don’t See How Panthers Pass On Cooks Or Beckham Jr.
- Governor Signs Bill Requiring To Install More DUI Device Locks On Cars
- LGBT Group To Hold Rally Over Tax Filing Policy
- Douglas-Roberts Lifts Bobcats Past Hawks 95-93
- Santorum: Security A Key Issue Leading Up To 2016
- QCB Unleashed: Did You Watch The Masters?