Man’s Body Found In Catawba River
MOUNT HOLLY, N.C. (AP) — Two kayakers have found a man’s body floating in the Catawba River near Mount Holly.
Mount Holly Police Chief Don Roper says officials are working to identify the body found around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Roper says the body was fully clothed and there were no obvious signs of trauma.
An autopsy was planned Wednesday to determine the cause of death.
It took about 90 minutes to recover the body.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Relief Pitcher
- Mike Florio: Gettleman Still Has Plenty Of Time To Make His Moves
- CBS Announces Summer Series Lineup
- Indians’ Young Righty Danny Salazar Flies Under The Radar
- Steelers Cut LB Woodley; Sign Panthers’ Safety Mitchell
- No. 6 Virginia Headlines New-Look ACC Tournament
- SC Substitute Teacher Charged With Shoving Student
- Disappearing Deductions Cost Taxpayers
- The “Dirty Dozen” Tax Scams Of 2014
- Video Of SC Police Shooting To Be Released