Man’s Body Found In Catawba River
MOUNT HOLLY, N.C. (AP) — Two kayakers have found a man’s body floating in the Catawba River near Mount Holly.
Mount Holly Police Chief Don Roper says officials are working to identify the body found around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Roper says the body was fully clothed and there were no obvious signs of trauma.
An autopsy was planned Wednesday to determine the cause of death.
It took about 90 minutes to recover the body.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- First Round Mock Draft 1.0
- Bill Banning Abortions Beyond 19 Weeks Stalls In South Carolina Senate
- Talking Bleep w/The QCB Episode #25…Nice
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Top 5 NBA Playoff Moments
- NC State’s Dave Doeren on Growing From Year One and His New Quarterback
- Rich Cho on the Bobcats and the ‘Pleasant Surprise’ of Big Al
- Ford To Offer 50th Anniversary Mustang
- Chevrolet Bringing Tiny Trax SUV To US And China
- Toyota Camry Gets A Top-To-Bottom Makeover