Man’s Body Found In Catawba River
MOUNT HOLLY, N.C. (AP) — Two kayakers have found a man’s body floating in the Catawba River near Mount Holly.
Mount Holly Police Chief Don Roper says officials are working to identify the body found around 3 p.m. Tuesday.
Roper says the body was fully clothed and there were no obvious signs of trauma.
An autopsy was planned Wednesday to determine the cause of death.
It took about 90 minutes to recover the body.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Legislative Panel Wants Common Core Stopped
- QCB Unleashed: Breakdown of Panthers NFL 2014 Schedule
- Woman Killed By Lancaster County Deputies
- SC GOP Threatens To Sue Haley’s Former Primary Foe
- Lead National NFL Writer For Bleacher Report Aaron Nagler Talks About The NFL Schedule Release.
- 5 People Arrested In Rock Hill Prostitution Sting
- NC Woman Charged With Husband’s Death
- Couple Arrested In Union In Series Of Robberies
- Panthers Have 3 Nationally-Televised Games In 2014
- Heat Go Up 2-0, Hold Off Bobcats 101-97