2 Arrested For Human Trafficking In NC
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in eastern North Carolina have arrested two people on charges of human trafficking.
Jacksonville police arrested 36-year-old Robin Applewhite and 29-year-old Samantha Rivard, both of Hope Mills. The two face charges of human trafficking and conspiracy, along with various drug charges.
Police say they responded to a motel Sunday where they found a woman who said she had been taken from Cumberland County to Jacksonville and forced into prostitution.
Applewhite is in jail on $800,000 bond. Rivard is being held on $700,000 bond. If was not immediately clear if they had attorneys.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- Johnny Orr Releases New Single For Autism Awareness Month
- The Hottest Wedding Trends For 2014
- Which Is Worse: Pot Or Pop?
- Top 10 Upcoming Films
- The Greatest Game Shows Of All Time
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Get Out Of A Relationship NOW!
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them