2 Arrested For Human Trafficking In NC
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police in eastern North Carolina have arrested two people on charges of human trafficking.
Jacksonville police arrested 36-year-old Robin Applewhite and 29-year-old Samantha Rivard, both of Hope Mills. The two face charges of human trafficking and conspiracy, along with various drug charges.
Police say they responded to a motel Sunday where they found a woman who said she had been taken from Cumberland County to Jacksonville and forced into prostitution.
Applewhite is in jail on $800,000 bond. Rivard is being held on $700,000 bond. If was not immediately clear if they had attorneys.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- Stars Who Look 20 But Are Really In Their 30's
- Meet The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Rick Ross Talks About New Album
- Sexiest Men In Country Music
- Top 10 Heart-stopping Ball Park Foods
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- What's Your Romantic Comedy Relationship Type?
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them