RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina’s unemployment rate remained unchanged in June, staying at 8.8 percent.
But state Department of Commerce figures show that employers in North Carolina dropped nearly 11,000 jobs from May to June.
The state’s unemployment rate had dropped for four straight months after slow improvement in the economy.
The national unemployment rate had also remained unchanged at 7.6 percent.
The number of people employed in North Carolina has increased by more than 29,000 in the past year, but there are still nearly 417,000 listed as unemployed.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- GRAMMY Nominations Behind the Scenes: Lorde Takes a Bow, Arsenio Fires Back at Kanye
- Raleigh Police To Go Christmas Shopping With Kids
- 25-Year-Old Hickory Woman Accused Of Viewing Porn With Kids
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake