NC Doctor Faces Child Abuse Charge
HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A Hendersonville doctor has been charged with putting her child in danger after police said she was driving while impaired with her 3-year-old child.
Henderson County Sheriff’s Maj. Frank Stout says deputies responding to a call over the Memorial Day weekend noticed a car driving erratically.
Thirty-seven-year-old Emily Rogers Sawyer has been charged with driving while impaired and misdemeanor child abuse for driving while impaired with a child in the vehicle.
A test showed that Sawyer had a blood alcohol content of .13, over the legal limit of .08.
She surrendered her driver’s license for at least 10 days last month. She has a court hearing Aug. 26.
It was unclear is Sawyer has a lawyer.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Pregnant SC Woman Drives Minivan Carrying 3 Children Into Ocean In FL
- Judge: Duke Must Clean Up Groundwater At Ash Dumps
- SC Bill Would Repeal ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law
- General Admits Guilt On 3 Counts; Denies Assault
- 3 More People Die Of The Flu In NC
- QCB Unleashed: Bears’ Hester Cut & 49ers Harbough Dresses Same All The Time!
- UNC-Duke Tickets Easily The Most Expensive Game Of Rivalry Week
- Lindsay Lohan To Guest Star On ‘2 Broke Girls’ Next Month
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Third Base
- Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, More Among to Perform at 2014 ACM Awards