Nearly 1,800 Arrested For DWI In NC Operation
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — State transportation officials say almost 1,800 motorists were arrested on North Carolina highways for driving while impaired during an Independence Day operation.
The N.C. Department of Transportation and the Governor’s Highway Safety Program announced that “Operation Firecracker” resulted in 1,737 arrests for the holiday period from June 28 through July 7.
There are seven DWI task forces across North Carolina. Their purpose is to get drunk drivers off the roads. Those seven task forces were responsible for 455 of the DWI arrests.
Guilford County is one of the newest task forces. A statement from NCDOT said that during the 2013 “Operation Firecracker” campaign, the county had 146 DWI arrests, compared to 50 in 2012.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- Stars Who Look 20 But Are Really In Their 30's
- Meet The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Rick Ross Talks About New Album
- Sexiest Men In Country Music
- Top 10 Heart-stopping Ball Park Foods
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- What's Your Romantic Comedy Relationship Type?
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them