Nearly 1,800 Arrested For DWI In NC Operation
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — State transportation officials say almost 1,800 motorists were arrested on North Carolina highways for driving while impaired during an Independence Day operation.
The N.C. Department of Transportation and the Governor’s Highway Safety Program announced that “Operation Firecracker” resulted in 1,737 arrests for the holiday period from June 28 through July 7.
There are seven DWI task forces across North Carolina. Their purpose is to get drunk drivers off the roads. Those seven task forces were responsible for 455 of the DWI arrests.
Guilford County is one of the newest task forces. A statement from NCDOT said that during the 2013 “Operation Firecracker” campaign, the county had 146 DWI arrests, compared to 50 in 2012.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- Johnny Orr Releases New Single For Autism Awareness Month
- The Hottest Wedding Trends For 2014
- Which Is Worse: Pot Or Pop?
- Top 10 Upcoming Films
- The Greatest Game Shows Of All Time
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Get Out Of A Relationship NOW!
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them