NC Coach Accused Of Having Explicit Photos Of Kids
CARY, N.C. (AP) — The head coach of a North Carolina high school championship soccer team is accused of having sexually explicit pictures of young girls on a computer.
Robert Jules Peterson is facing six counts of third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
Cary police Det. Kevin West said in arrest warrants that on June 4 and 5, Peterson had six computer images showing unknown girls. Head of detectives Capt. Don Hamilton said Monday that the investigation was continuing and could lead to other charges.
Wake County schools spokeswoman Stella Shelton said Peterson has been suspended with pay.
Peterson is free on $50,000 bail, and his attorney says the charges will be addressed in court.
Last spring, Peterson led Green Hope to the N.C. High School Athletic Association 4-A girls’ soccer championship.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- Johnny Orr Releases New Single For Autism Awareness Month
- The Hottest Wedding Trends For 2014
- Which Is Worse: Pot Or Pop?
- Top 10 Upcoming Films
- The Greatest Game Shows Of All Time
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Get Out Of A Relationship NOW!
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them