FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) — Jury selection is set to get under way for a U.S. Army general facing court martial on sexual assault charges.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair has pleaded not guilty of criminal charges including forcible sodomy, indecent acts, violating orders and adultery. Jury selection begins Tuesday for Sinclair’s trial, which is scheduled to begin Sept. 30.
Seating the jury is expected to be a lengthy and complex process. In the military justice system, juries must consist of officers with seniority to the accused. In Sinclair’s case that will require a panel of generals with two or more stars.
Sinclair is a 27-year Army veteran who commanded troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is accused of forcing a female aide with whom he had a three-year extramarital affair to twice perform oral sex.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- 10 Ways You're Driving Him Away
- 5 Tips For Managing Your Holiday Budget
- Star Transformation: Ian Somerhalder
- Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities Of 2013
- Celebrities Remember Paul Walker
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 10 Reasons Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive
- Michael Jordan: Team Will Use Same Colors As Old Hornets
- 5 Things You Should Never Purchase Online
- 5 Things You Spend Money On Then Never Use
- Top 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs
- 5 Best Stadiums In The NFL
- Top Country Wedding Songs Of 2013
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them