Jury Selection Slated To Begin For Army General
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) — Jury selection is set to get under way for a U.S. Army general facing court martial on sexual assault charges.
Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Sinclair has pleaded not guilty of criminal charges including forcible sodomy, indecent acts, violating orders and adultery. Jury selection begins Tuesday for Sinclair’s trial, which is scheduled to begin Sept. 30.
Seating the jury is expected to be a lengthy and complex process. In the military justice system, juries must consist of officers with seniority to the accused. In Sinclair’s case that will require a panel of generals with two or more stars.
Sinclair is a 27-year Army veteran who commanded troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is accused of forcing a female aide with whom he had a three-year extramarital affair to twice perform oral sex.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Other Posts You May Like:
- Top 50 Best Songs Of 2014
- Top 30 Songs To Get You Ready For Stagecoach
- Top 10 Halloween Costumes For Pets
- How To Eat Healthy At A Fast Food Restaurant
- 10 Ways To Escape Football Season
- Top 40 Best Country Songs Of 2014
- 5 Of The Worst Things To Receive On Halloween
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them