NC Woman Arrested For Dragging Dog Behind Car
KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners
- Duke Freshman Jabari Parker Declares For NBA Draft
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- Steve Clifford: We Can’t Just Be Satisfied By Making The Playoffs
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Carolina Hurricanes Enter Offseason Of Uncertainty