KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- The NFL Is Still “The Daddy”
- 2 Shot And Wounded At Monroe Chicken Plant
- Former Teacher Accused Of Sex With Student
- Celebrity Philanthropists For The Earth
- Greg Hardy And Luke Kuechly From the Panthers Locker Room
- SC Head Accountant Faces Ethics Hearing
- NC Jailer Found Guilty In Inmate’s Beating Death
- Talking Bleep w/The QCB Show #13…Nice
- Sports Verdict: Which Team Will Represent The AFC In The Super Bowl?
- Dan Dierdorf: Cam Newton Has Grown Into An Elite QB