NC Woman Arrested For Dragging Dog Behind Car
KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Pregnant SC Woman Drives Minivan Carrying 3 Children Into Ocean In FL
- Judge: Duke Must Clean Up Groundwater At Ash Dumps
- SC Bill Would Repeal ‘Stand Your Ground’ Law
- General Admits Guilt On 3 Counts; Denies Assault
- 3 More People Die Of The Flu In NC
- QCB Unleashed: Bears’ Hester Cut & 49ers Harbough Dresses Same All The Time!
- UNC-Duke Tickets Easily The Most Expensive Game Of Rivalry Week
- Lindsay Lohan To Guest Star On ‘2 Broke Girls’ Next Month
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Third Base
- Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, More Among to Perform at 2014 ACM Awards