NC Woman Arrested For Dragging Dog Behind Car
KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: World Series Game 4 Will Be Another Close One
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 3
- 5 Must Watch College Football Games This Weekend
- Hillary Clinton, Hagan To Rally NC Democrats
- ‘Zombies’ Hope To Break World Record Performing “Thriller” Dance
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Deputy Kills Man At Sonic Fast-Food Restaurant
- Injury Report: Panthers Hurting Badly With Super Bowl Champs Coming To Town
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’