NC Woman Arrested For Dragging Dog Behind Car
KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Marcus Paige, UNC Coaches Get “Happy” To Pharrell’s Song
- The Biggest Draft BUSTS In Carolina Panthers’ History
- Bleacher Report Football Reporter Chris Simms Talks NFL Draft.
- Larry Fedora: I’ve Never Had A Freshman Pick Up The Offense Like Hood Has
- Bobcats’ Al Jefferson Still In Walking Boot
- Lionel Hollins: I Had Clifford As My Coach Of The Year All Season
- Man Who Fled Md. To SC With Daughter Indicted For Killing
- Former Homeless Ministry Official Accused Of Embezzling Over $44,000
- Duke: Moving Coal Ash Would Cost Up To $10 Billion
- Heat Looking To Improve In Game 2 vs. Bobcats