NC Woman Arrested For Dragging Dog Behind Car
KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Who To Blame For the Panthers Loss To The Saints
- Kane, WWE’s Top Monster, Lists 3 Scariest Pro Wrestlers In History
- Mac Attack Productions: Big Jim Slade’s Fake Panthers Headlines
- Greg Cosell: Cam Has Too Much Overall Inconsistency As A Passer
- 9 Notable MLB Free Agents To Keep Tabs On
- Breeders’ Cup Classic: How I’d Bet $100
- Halloween Curfew For Some SC Sex Offenders
- Google Working On Pill That Could Detect Cancer Cells
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee
- Five Things: Panthers Vs. Saints Thursday Night Roundup