NC Woman Arrested For Dragging Dog Behind Car
KINSTON, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a Kinston woman was arrested for dragging a puppy behind her SUV.
Police charged 26-year-old Jennifer Marie Wilson with felony cruelty to animals and driving while intoxicated. She was scheduled to appear in court Monday.
According to police, Wilson had parked her SUV at a convenience store when she was approached by an officer who noticed blood behind her vehicle. Witnesses told police that they saw a small dog being dragged behind an SUV that had driven to the store Saturday morning.
The pit bull puppy mix was turned over to the Lenoir County SPCA, and then to a local animal hospital.
Lenoir SPCA President Jerry Henderson said the agency would look to place the puppy in a foster home to allow her to recover and heal.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Two Students Hit While Boarding School Bus
- More Than 4,000 Hogs Killed In Fire On North Carolina Farm
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Four American League Teams Left To Chase World Series
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jordy Nelson, Matt Asiata And Aaron Rodgers
- Skeletal Remains Found In Columbia Woods
- Police Step Up Search For Child Rape Suspect
- ‘Eating Smart’ With High-Tech Utensils
- John Wayne’s Heirs Lose ‘Duke’ Legal Brawl
- 3 Plead Guilty In Scheme To Defraud SC Air Base
- Steve Smith Refutes Ian Rapoport’s Report; Rips Gettleman, Coach Rivera