NC Abortion Bill Getting More Discussion In House
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — An abortion bill that cleared the North Carolina Senate after complaints it got approved with little public input is getting what’s being labeled by House Republicans as a full discussion before a decision its future.
The House Health Care Committee scheduled debate Tuesday on the measure, which in part would require abortion clinics to meet regulations similar to those for ambulatory surgery centers. Abortion rights groups say the requirement could force clinics to close. Bill supporters say it would ensure clinics are safe for women.
The full House must decide whether to accept the Senate’s version or try to forge a compromise with the Senate.
Gov. Pat McCrory said Monday he wants further discussion and debate about some provisions he said appear to restrict abortion access.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 5 Must Watch College Football Games This Weekend
- Hillary Clinton, Hagan To Rally NC Democrats
- ‘Zombies’ Hope To Break World Record Performing “Thriller” Dance
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Deputy Kills Man At Sonic Fast-Food Restaurant
- Injury Report: Panthers Hurting Badly With Super Bowl Champs Coming To Town
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- 6 Things That Mark On Peyton’s Forehead Resembles
- Ebola Scare Grounds Plane In Columbia After Passenger Reports Nosebleed