NFL’s Five Best Players
Well, this is not exactly the NFL Network Top 100, but it’s a start. Even the top 5 was screwed up by the players in the league. Here is the real 5 best in the NFL.
1) Aaron Rodgers- QB Green Bay- He got sacked 51 times a year ago and over 50 each of the last two years. But, he still puts up huge numbers. Look at the seasons that James Jones (14 tds) and Randall Cobb (80 catches) had with Rodgers at the helm of that offense. He makes his receivers better. Watch and see how Greg Jennings does with A-Rod throwing him the ball. I expect a big dropoff.
2) Adrian Peterson- RB Minnesota- I am a guy that usually puts only QBs this high on the list, but I have to give it to the man they call AD. He literally put the Vikes on his back last year on a surgically repaired knee and took them to the playoffs. It is one of the best individual seasons in the history of the league (2,097 yards and 5.4 ypc).
3) Peyton Manning- QB Denver- Reports of his demise were greatly exagerrated. He may not have the same arm strength that he had before the neck surgeries, but he can still get it done. He carried Denver to the best record in the AFC and took the games of Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas to new levels. And, now he gets Wes Welker in the slot. Look out.
4) Calvin Johnson- WR Detroit- I feel guilty about putting him this far down. Megatron is a one man wrecking crew in Detroit. With no real #2 WR and with a poor running game, he still put up an NFL record 1,964 receiving yards. And, he did it with a good but not great QB throwing him passes. The size and speed combo for him is unmatched in league history.
5) Tom Brady- QB Pats- Tom Terrific is so good that he throws for over 4,800 yards with 34 tds and 8 Ints and it seems like a so-so season. He led the #1 offense in the NFL last year and took the Pats to the brink of another Super Bowl. Without Hernandez, Welker and Woodhead and with Gronk hurt, he will have to be even better this year for the Pats to make a run.