More Than 20 Hurt When Deck Collapses In NC
CHERRYVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Fire officials say at least 21 people were hurt when a deck collapsed at a cookout in Cherryville.
Fire Chief Jeff Cash says the deck collapsed around 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Cash says two people were trapped for a time. The deck was about seven feet off the ground.
Gaston Emergency Medical Services Capt. Chris Hendricks says one person was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Lincoln with serious injuries.
Hendricks says a woman and child were taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center, but none of the injuries were life threatening.
The others were treated at the scene.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Stranded Climber Rescued From NC Mountain
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More