CHERRYVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Fire officials say at least 21 people were hurt when a deck collapsed at a cookout in Cherryville.
Fire Chief Jeff Cash says the deck collapsed around 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
Cash says two people were trapped for a time. The deck was about seven feet off the ground.
Gaston Emergency Medical Services Capt. Chris Hendricks says one person was taken to Carolinas Medical Center-Lincoln with serious injuries.
Hendricks says a woman and child were taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center, but none of the injuries were life threatening.
The others were treated at the scene.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Emergency Worker Charged After Recording Women In Bunk Of Fire Station
- Feds’ Site Gives States Incomplete Medicaid Data
- Sports Verdict: Should A One-Loss Team Be In The BCS Championship Game?
- QCB Unleashed: No Charges On Winston, UNC Big Win, & Tomlin’s Cha Cha Slide
- No Charges In Jameis Winston Sex Assault Case