Texas Gov. Rick Perry made a splashy visit to Connecticut on Monday, meeting with gun manufacturers and other businesses and talking up the Lone Star State. South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard made a more low-key trip to Connecticut this week to drum up new business for his state.
Andrew Doba, a spokesman for Malloy, said the governor has made job creation a top priority but in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook killings, ensuring public safety was critical.
“We’re out there every single day competing for jobs,” he said. “But on this particular issue the governor decided to prioritize public safety and the gun violence prevention law he signed will improve public safety.”
Bristol Mayor Art Ward told WTNH-TV that he recognizes the business issues confronting PTR. “We understand. We wish it wouldn’t happen,” he said.
McNamara said the gun issue was not the only draw, and that although he’s familiar with South Carolina from travels to meet customers, he expects the move from New England will not be without its problems.
“It will definitely take some adjustment,” he said.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- The Truth About Dating Someone Who Has Kids
- 10 Ways You're Driving Him Away
- 5 Tips For Managing Your Holiday Budget
- Star Transformation: Ian Somerhalder
- Top 10 Highest Paid Celebrities Of 2013
- Celebrities Remember Paul Walker
- Hot & Sexy Bearded Celeb Men
- 10 Reasons Adam Levine Is The Sexiest Man Alive
- Michael Jordan: Team Will Use Same Colors As Old Hornets
- 5 Things You Should Never Purchase Online
- 5 Things You Spend Money On Then Never Use
- Top 10 Lessons We Can Learn From Our Dogs
- 5 Best Stadiums In The NFL
- Top Country Wedding Songs Of 2013
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them