Gun Manufacturer Moving To SC Due To Conn. Gun Control Laws (page 2)
Texas Gov. Rick Perry made a splashy visit to Connecticut on Monday, meeting with gun manufacturers and other businesses and talking up the Lone Star State. South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard made a more low-key trip to Connecticut this week to drum up new business for his state.
Andrew Doba, a spokesman for Malloy, said the governor has made job creation a top priority but in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook killings, ensuring public safety was critical.
“We’re out there every single day competing for jobs,” he said. “But on this particular issue the governor decided to prioritize public safety and the gun violence prevention law he signed will improve public safety.”
Bristol Mayor Art Ward told WTNH-TV that he recognizes the business issues confronting PTR. “We understand. We wish it wouldn’t happen,” he said.
McNamara said the gun issue was not the only draw, and that although he’s familiar with South Carolina from travels to meet customers, he expects the move from New England will not be without its problems.
“It will definitely take some adjustment,” he said.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
News From Our Music Stations
- Stars Who Look 20 But Are Really In Their 30's
- Meet The New Cast Of Dancing With The Stars
- Rick Ross Talks About New Album
- Sexiest Men In Country Music
- Top 10 Heart-stopping Ball Park Foods
- Top 10 Feel Good Country Songs
- Top 10 Texts Not To Send To Your Dream Girl
- What's Your Romantic Comedy Relationship Type?
- Top 10 Biggest Celebrity & Athlete Rants Of All Time
- Is Fasting Fabulous Or Just Another Diet Fad?
- 20 Things Men & Women Wish Their Significant Other Knew About Them