SC Police Say Couple Dies In Murder-Suicide
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — North Charleston police say a couple has died in a murder-suicide shooting.
Authorities think the man shot and killed a woman Tuesday before shooting himself in the home they shared.
Dorchester County Coroner Chris Nisbet says the dead were 26-year-old Peter Centel Williams and 33-year-old Zakiya Lawson.
Police spokesman Spencer Pryor says officers were called to the home shortly after 8:30 a.m. to deal with a domestic disturbance. Pryor says officers tried to talk to both people but then shots were fired in the home.
Nisbet says the woman had run in and out of the home. The coroner says police were unable to convince her to stay outside.
Nisbet says five of Lawson’s seven children were in the home when the shooting occurred. They were not hurt.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More
- Greg Hardy’s Day At ESPN Included Kraken Swag, Panthers Talk, & Challenging LeBron James