Man Arrested In NC College Student’s Death
GREENVILLE, N.C. (AP) — A Greenville man has been arrested in the hit and run death of a college student last year.
Pitt County sheriff’s deputies and the North Carolina Highway Patrol said Tuesday that 47-year-old William Earl Langley has been charged with felony hit and run and other charges.
Twenty-year-old Austin Baeza was found dead in a ditch along N.C. Highway 33 last August. Nicki Baeza says her son had left his home in Greenville and gone for a walk when he was struck and killed.
Detectives say they never found Langley’s vehicle.
It was not clear whether Langley has an attorney.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Carolina Panthers Tender Offers To OL Byron Bell, Chris Scott
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher
- Carolina Panthers Re-Sign Garry Williams & Richie Brockel
- ACM Party for a Cause Lineup Now Includes Danielle Bradbery, Lee Brice, Florida Georgia Line, More
- Greg Hardy’s Day At ESPN Included Kraken Swag, Panthers Talk, & Challenging LeBron James