Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Which Team Is Bringing Home The ACC Championship In 2014?
- QCB Unleashed: Charlotte Bobcats Holding Tight Onto Playoff Spot
- Panthers OL Hangartner Says He’s Retiring From NFL
- Rising Star: Manhattan Forward Emmy Andujar
- NC Gov: Panel Should Decide Who Foots Pond Bill
- NC State’s Warren Voted ACC Player Of Year
- Podcast: Addressing the Panthers Wide Receiver Needs
- Behind the Song: Miranda Lambert’s ACM-Nominated ‘Mama’s Broken Heart’
- Top Gender Gap Jobs
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Catcher