Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Pickens Police Officer Charged With Assault A Woman
- Heisman Watch: TCU’s Trevone Boykin This Year’s Hidden Gem
- Mike Mayock: Gettleman Needs More Credit For The Benjamin Pick
- Bill Polian On The Future Of Cam Newton In Carolina
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants’ Bumgarner Is The New World Series Hero
- 5 Things You Missed: 2014 World Series, Game 7
- Like CBS Local For A Chance To Win Tickets To the Hollywood Film Awards!
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Drew Brees, Cam Newton And Jimmy Graham
- Why I Finally Bought Into The New Charlotte Hornets
- Study: Drinking Lots Of Milk Might Not Be Good For You