MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Statistics Show Alamance Deputies Profile Latinos
- Couple Claims Mall Security Kicked Them Out For Wearing Christmas Costumes
- Anthony Boone: People Have Doubted Us All Year, It Doesn’t Bother Me
- Bobby Hebert: Saints Hard-Pressed To Win If Cam Plays Well
- Heisman Watch: Fresno State’s Derek Carr Gets One Last Chance
- Man Charged With Killing 21-Year-Old NC Woman
- McDonald’s Employee Gives Couple Thousands Of Dollars Instead Of Food
- SC Woman Facing DUI Charge In Deadly Wreck
- Lorde & More Added to GRAMMY Nominations Concert 2013
- Panthers ‘D’ Looks To Limit Big Plays vs. Saints