Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Suspect In Fatal Charlotte Shooting Dies In Jail
- Sheriff: Man Drove Burning Truck Into Building
- Thursday Night Football Poll: San Diego Chargers At Denver Broncos
- Former Panther Flashback: Kevin Greene
- UNC: Wainstein Report To Be Released Wednesday
- High School Students Claim Play Canceled Due To Gay Scene Between 2 Male Characters
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants’ World Series Win Won’t Make Them A Dynasty
- Team Grades: Panthers Fail In Almost Every Department In Blowout Loss To Packers
- Authorities Look For SC Prison Escapee In Shelby
- NC Teen Shot In Head By Rifle In Pickup