Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Police: Man Defecates In Lobby Of Charleston Hotel
- Charles Davis: I Don’t See How Panthers Pass On Cooks Or Beckham Jr.
- Governor Signs Bill Requiring To Install More DUI Device Locks On Cars
- LGBT Group To Hold Rally Over Tax Filing Policy
- Douglas-Roberts Lifts Bobcats Past Hawks 95-93
- Santorum: Security A Key Issue Leading Up To 2016
- QCB Unleashed: Did You Watch The Masters?
- Can’t Pay Your Taxes? Here’s What You Can Do
- Vinny Cerrato: Kelvin Benjamin Scares Me As A 1st Round Pick
- Dane Brugler: Gettleman Can Find Starters In Rounds 2-4