Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Attorney General Fights Quicker Water Rate Hike
- SC Sheriff’s Lawyers: Charges Should Be Dismissed
- Tim Brando: Bama And Miss State Will Both Fall Saturday
- Brad Lambert: Start Times Haven’t Been Good For Our Students
- College Football Spotlight: A Time To Be Thankful For Rivalries
- Kelvin Benjamin vs. The Other Top Wide Receiver Rookies
- Opponent Profile: Upstart Vikes Could Cause Problems For Panthers
- ‘Mockingjay, Part 1′ Opens With $123 Million
- Cops: Flea Killer Put In Mother-In-Law’s Wine
- TGF: Recipe: Tripe Chili Dogs