Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him
- Panthers Remove DE Greg Hardy From Active Roster
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Gregg Doyel Of CBS Sports Stops By, Talks Adrian Peterson & Greg Hardy
- Former Police Officer Charged With Distributing Child Pornography
- Ex-Governors Urge Citizenship Test For Students
- What Should Panthers Do With Greg Hardy???
- High School Principal Forces Students To Remove American Flags From Cars On 9/11
- On The Green With Charlotte 49er Coach Ryan Cabbage
- Harold Cogdell’s Strong Opinion On Hardy And The Panthers