Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- CBS Sports’ Tony Gonzalez Talks Broncos vs. Dolphins
- Troy Polamalu; Weatherman? And Mario Williams Comes To Jim Kelly’s Rescue
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- WWE Legend Mick Foley: Limpin’ Ain’t Easy
- Keidel: Manny Pacquiao Takes On Chris Algieri In Macau
- Greg Cosell: Panthers Bye Week & NFL QBs Struggling
- Steve Clifford: Hairston Has Starters Talent And Is Very Coachable
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ On Fourth Night Of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- With Panthers Bye Week, It’s A Chance To Enjoy A Sunday For Once