Fisherman Drowns In Lake Norman
MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Iredell County emergency officials say a fisherman drowned and two friends were rescued after their boat began taking on water in Lake Norman.
The incident was reported around 10:30 p.m. Monday on the lake near Mooresville.
Officials say the three men were fishing about 100 yards offshore when water sloshed into their boat. The men jumped out and began swimming toward shore when the boat started sinking.
Officials say another boater rescued two of the men but the third went under the water. His body was recovered early Tuesday.
His name has not been released.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 6 Things That Mark On Peyton’s Forehead Resembles
- Ebola Scare Grounds Plane In Columbia After Passenger Reports Nosebleed
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Legend Chris Jericho
- Armstrong Barred From South Carolina Ride
- SC: Couple Can’t Bring Same-Sex Federal Lawsuit
- Top WWE Diva AJ Lee Has High Praise For Newcomer Paige
- 2 Found Dead At Lake Wylie Home
- Greg Cosell On What Is Wrong With Panthers Defense
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals Getting More Value From Payroll Than Giants
- 5 NFL Week 8 JB Locks Against The Spread