NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Dave Gettleman Political Ad
- Hall Of Famer Dan Fouts Stops By Bustin’ Loose
- QCB Unleashed: Can’t Cowboy Fans Enjoy Being On Top?
- The ‘Hollywood Film Awards’ Announces Award Categories
- Vote Now – People’s Choice Awards Voting Is Officially Open
- Eugene Levy’s ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Joins POP’s Launch
- ACC Cherishes Exposure Of Thursday Night Lights
- Friday Night Frenzy Recap: Rocky River Ravens at Butler Bulldogs
- John Ondrasik To Premiere New Song On ‘Hawaii Five-0’s’ 100th Episode
- Probe Reveals Scope Of Academic Fraud At UNC