ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- SC Agency: 15 Carriers Extending Canceled Policies
- Panthers Have One RB Back, One Gone For Big Game With Saints
- NFC South Writer Knox Bardeen Previews The Panthers Saints Game.
- NFL Network Analyst Heath Evans Talks Panthers.
- The 3rd Annual Charlotte Mechanical Coat Drive [PHOTOS]
- Lee Sterling’s Weekly Picks
- Keidel: Tomlin Goes From Black & Gold To Black & Blue
- Greg Cosell: Saints Should Attack Mikell And Klein In The Pass Game
- Ted Ginn: I’m Seizing The Opportunity Carolina Gave Me At WR
- Gene Chizik: I Sent Cam Texts Last Season About His Maturity Issues