NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Ex-Tar Heels Basketball Player Faces Rape Charge
- Attorney General Fights Quicker Water Rate Hike
- SC Sheriff’s Lawyers: Charges Should Be Dismissed
- Tim Brando: Bama And Miss State Will Both Fall Saturday
- Brad Lambert: Start Times Haven’t Been Good For Our Students
- College Football Spotlight: A Time To Be Thankful For Rivalries
- Kelvin Benjamin vs. The Other Top Wide Receiver Rookies
- Opponent Profile: Upstart Vikes Could Cause Problems For Panthers
- ‘Mockingjay, Part 1′ Opens With $123 Million
- Cops: Flea Killer Put In Mother-In-Law’s Wine