NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Deputy Kills Man At Sonic Fast-Food Restaurant
- Injury Report: Panthers Hurting Badly With Super Bowl Champs Coming To Town
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- 6 Things That Mark On Peyton’s Forehead Resembles
- Ebola Scare Grounds Plane In Columbia After Passenger Reports Nosebleed
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Legend Chris Jericho
- Armstrong Barred From South Carolina Ride
- SC: Couple Can’t Bring Same-Sex Federal Lawsuit