NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- NC Health Insurance Sign-Ups Higher Than Predicted
- Which Team Is Bringing Home The ACC Championship In 2014?
- QCB Unleashed: Charlotte Bobcats Holding Tight Onto Playoff Spot
- Panthers OL Hangartner Says He’s Retiring From NFL
- Rising Star: Manhattan Forward Emmy Andujar
- NC Gov: Panel Should Decide Who Foots Pond Bill
- NC State’s Warren Voted ACC Player Of Year
- Podcast: Addressing the Panthers Wide Receiver Needs
- Behind the Song: Miranda Lambert’s ACM-Nominated ‘Mama’s Broken Heart’
- Top Gender Gap Jobs