NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Who To Blame For the Panthers Loss To The Saints
- Kane, WWE’s Top Monster, Lists 3 Scariest Pro Wrestlers In History
- Mac Attack Productions: Big Jim Slade’s Fake Panthers Headlines
- Greg Cosell: Cam Has Too Much Overall Inconsistency As A Passer
- 9 Notable MLB Free Agents To Keep Tabs On
- Breeders’ Cup Classic: How I’d Bet $100
- Halloween Curfew For Some SC Sex Offenders
- Google Working On Pill That Could Detect Cancer Cells
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee
- Five Things: Panthers Vs. Saints Thursday Night Roundup