NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- SC Towns And Counties Spur State To Ban Texting
- Woman To Climb Kilimanjaro To Raise Awareness, Help Donate Money To Find Cure For Diabetes
- Man Killed When Pinned Under Tractor
- Tennessee Woman Finds Body During Easter Egg Hunt
- Bobcats Head Coach Steve Clifford On The Miami Heat And The NBA Playoffs
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 4 Starts And Sits
- Musicians + Sports: Linkin Park On The Lakers, Suns And NBA Playoffs
- Food Stamp Backlog Still Costs NC Governments
- NC Had The Second Largest Employment Increase In March
- SC Unemployment Fell To 5.5 Percent In March