NC Sheriff’s Deputy Fired Amid DWI Investigation
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Buncombe County’s Sheriff’s Office says a deputy charged with driving while intoxicated is out of a job.
The agency says Deputy Jason Honeycutt was arrested at an Asheville hospital by police earlier this week and was fired. No other details surrounding the arrest have been released.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Natalie Bailey says she couldn’t say anything about the circumstances of the arrest or what Honeycutt’s duties were with the agency.
Honeycutt could not be reached for comment Sunday. Messages left at numbers connected to him were not returned or rang unanswered.
He’s the second Buncombe County law officer recently arrested for DWI in the past two weeks. Woodfin police officer Michael Salley was suspended after his arrest while off-duty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 5 Ways Tom Brady’s Life Could Have Panned Out
- Couple Accused Of Defrauding Double Amputee
- Sheriff’s Group Putting On Yard Sale
- Cops: Sister Kills Brother After He Threatens Dad
- NC Electric Cooperatives Warn Customer Of Scam
- Panel Starts Reviewing Common Core Standards In NC
- 5 Other Lopsided NFL Games (To Make The Buccaneers Feel Better)
- TTYM: Goodell Is Goofed, Harden Can’t Dance And New Lingerie Leaguers?
- Week 3 Injury Report: Panthers Have A Long List, But Are Still Stocked For Steelers
- 5 NFL Week 3 JB Locks Against The Spread