NC Police Officer Dies During Charity Bike Ride
SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. (AP) — A Southern Pines police officer has died in a motorcycle accident.
Authorities say that 57-year-old Officer Stanley L. Klingenschmidt died Saturday during a charity ride to raise money for the Special Olympics.
The officer was leading a group of riders through Montgomery County when his cycle hit a fence.
The officer was a 27-year veteran of the department.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 2 Killed, 8 Injured In Construction Zone Wreck
- Police: Two Brothers In Custody For Courthouse Shooting
- 5 NFL Week 9 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Musicians + Sports: Florida Georgia Line On SEC Football And ‘Anything Goes’ Tailgate Party Concert
- ‘The Hollywood Film Awards’ Announce Additional Attendees