NC Police Officer Dies During Charity Bike Ride
SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. (AP) — A Southern Pines police officer has died in a motorcycle accident.
Authorities say that 57-year-old Officer Stanley L. Klingenschmidt died Saturday during a charity ride to raise money for the Special Olympics.
The officer was leading a group of riders through Montgomery County when his cycle hit a fence.
The officer was a 27-year veteran of the department.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Warrant: SC Dad Who Allegedly Killed His Five Children Believed They Were Going To Kill Him
- Panthers Remove DE Greg Hardy From Active Roster
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Gregg Doyel Of CBS Sports Stops By, Talks Adrian Peterson & Greg Hardy
- Former Police Officer Charged With Distributing Child Pornography