2 Dead In I-77 Crash In York County
ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — Two people are dead after a wreck on Interstate 77 in York County.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says the accident happened about 5:45 a.m. Friday when a tractor-trailer truck swerved off the highway and into a clump of trees. A driver and a passenger were killed. Their names have not yet been released.
Shortly after 9 a.m. one lane of southbound traffic was open but traffic was moving slowly and was backed up for about four miles.
The accident happened just south of state Highway 901.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners
- Duke Freshman Jabari Parker Declares For NBA Draft
- Men Walk In Heels To Raise Awareness Of Violence Against Women
- Steve Clifford: We Can’t Just Be Satisfied By Making The Playoffs
- 63-Year-Old Woman Stabbed To Death In Concord
- Carolina Hurricanes Enter Offseason Of Uncertainty
- Walker Leads Bobcats Over Bulls In OT, 91-86
- Former Teacher Faces Charges In Connection With Illegal Photography Of Students
- First Round Mock Draft 1.0