2 Dead In I-77 Crash In York County
ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) — Two people are dead after a wreck on Interstate 77 in York County.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says the accident happened about 5:45 a.m. Friday when a tractor-trailer truck swerved off the highway and into a clump of trees. A driver and a passenger were killed. Their names have not yet been released.
Shortly after 9 a.m. one lane of southbound traffic was open but traffic was moving slowly and was backed up for about four miles.
The accident happened just south of state Highway 901.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Candidates Similar On Issues In NC Senate Debate
- Marcus Paige, UNC Coaches Get “Happy” To Pharrell’s Song
- The Biggest Draft BUSTS In Carolina Panthers’ History
- Bleacher Report Football Reporter Chris Simms Talks NFL Draft.
- Larry Fedora: I’ve Never Had A Freshman Pick Up The Offense Like Hood Has
- Bobcats’ Al Jefferson Still In Walking Boot
- Lionel Hollins: I Had Clifford As My Coach Of The Year All Season
- Man Who Fled Md. To SC With Daughter Indicted For Killing
- Former Homeless Ministry Official Accused Of Embezzling Over $44,000
- Duke: Moving Coal Ash Would Cost Up To $10 Billion