NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- NC Saw Nearly 20,000 More Find Jobs In March
- Tennessee Woman Finds Body During Easter Egg Hunt
- Bobcats Head Coach Steve Clifford On The Miami Heat And The NBA Playoffs
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 4 Starts And Sits
- Musicians + Sports: Linkin Park On The Lakers, Suns And NBA Playoffs
- Food Stamp Backlog Still Costs NC Governments
- NC Had The Second Largest Employment Increase In March
- SC Unemployment Fell To 5.5 Percent In March
- North Carolina Flu Deaths Reach 100
- Police Chief Says She Was Fired For Being Gay