NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- President Of Law School Resigns Days After Starting Job
- CBS Sports’ Tony Gonzalez Talks Broncos vs. Dolphins
- Troy Polamalu; Weatherman? And Mario Williams Comes To Jim Kelly’s Rescue
- Ex-Fire Department Chief Charged With Embezzlement
- WWE Legend Mick Foley: Limpin’ Ain’t Easy
- Keidel: Manny Pacquiao Takes On Chris Algieri In Macau
- Greg Cosell: Panthers Bye Week & NFL QBs Struggling
- Steve Clifford: Hairston Has Starters Talent And Is Very Coachable
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ On Fourth Night Of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- With Panthers Bye Week, It’s A Chance To Enjoy A Sunday For Once