NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- CBS Sports Steve Tasker Weighs In On Falcons Vs Buccaneers on Thursday Night Football
- Mother Claims High School Handcuffed Autistic Son
- TGF: Recipe: Pulled Pork Sandwich
- ACC Weekend Wrap-Up With Michael Felder
- My Favorite Course: Erik Compton
- DA: Josh Gordon Gets Probation In DWI Case In NC
- Talking Bleep w/The QCB Show #47
- College Football Spotlight: Conference Perception Key As Big 12 Makes Statement
- Brad Lambert: Our Early Success Is From Great Play Up Front
- Spencer Tillman: FSU Is Just Too Deep For Clemson