NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 2 Killed, 8 Injured In Construction Zone Wreck
- Police: Two Brothers In Custody For Courthouse Shooting
- 5 NFL Week 9 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Musicians + Sports: Florida Georgia Line On SEC Football And ‘Anything Goes’ Tailgate Party Concert
- ‘The Hollywood Film Awards’ Announce Additional Attendees
- Pickens Police Officer Charged With Assault A Woman
- Heisman Watch: TCU’s Trevone Boykin This Year’s Hidden Gem
- Mike Mayock: Gettleman Needs More Credit For The Benjamin Pick
- Bill Polian On The Future Of Cam Newton In Carolina
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants’ Bumgarner Is The New World Series Hero