NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- TGF: Recipe: Texas Beef Brisket
- Panthers Release Longtime Defensive Back Godfrey
- Jim Nantz Talks Chargers vs. Broncos on ‘Thursday Night Football’
- HS Football Coach Ousted After Claims Of Racist Watermelon Postgame Celebration
- Millsap, Hawks Hold Off Hornets, 117-114 In OT
- Williams Coming Up Big, Has UNC’s Offense Rolling
- Panthers Defense Still Searching For Answers
- College Football Spotlight: Get Ready To Debate One-Loss Playoff Contenders
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Why The Royals Will Win The World Series In 6 Games
- Fred Smoot: I Still Think Panthers Win The South