NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- NFL Power Rankings Week 5
- Talking Bleep w/The QCB Show #49
- Tillis Draws Foreign Policy Focus In NC Senate Ad
- 5 Reasons Why Michael Vick Needs To Start For Jets
- Charlotte Hornets Media Day: Lance Stephenson
- Charlotte Hornets Media Day: Coach Steve Clifford
- Williams Latest Carolina Back Hampered By Injury
- Who To Trust When Trying To Save Your Home
- High School Football: Charlotte Area Wrap-Up & Scores
- What Needs To Be Fixed First For The Panthers?