NC Teen Girl Arrested After Falsely Reporting Bomb During Charity Event
(CBS Charlotte) — Less than a month ago, a bomb threat was reported at the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life fundraiser — held in Iredell County.
The threat was reported by a teenage girl who gave fake accounts of the bomb threat to officers.
Initially, the Statesville teen told officers that she had overheard other students talking about the bomb, and also gave police the names of possible suspects.
However, police investigating the case learned that both the bomb threat and the suspects were falsely reported, and the 16-year-old girl made up the entire incident.
Police arrested the teenager on Monday and charged her with falsely reporting a bomb. She has since been released back to her parents.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Keidel: NBA Needs To Raise Age Restriction
- SC Sergeant Arrested On NC Sex Charges
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Adam Lucas Previews Duke-UNC Round 2
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Outfield
- ACC Hoops Mt. Rushmore
- Can The Nationals’ Anthony Rendon Overcome Growing Pains?
- The Great Tommy Tomlinson Discusses His Emotional Piece On Dean Smith
- The NFL PAT Line: If It Ain’t Broken, Don’t Fix It
- York Pastor Accused Of Sexually Abusing Teen