Teen Goes Under Water In NC Quarry, Body Recovered
(CBS Charlotte) — Police and fire crews were dispatched to Carrigan Farms in Iredell County this afternoon, amid reports of a drowning.
Five people were believed to be swimming in a quarry when a teenage boy went under water — and did not resurface.
Nearly an hour and a half after emergency crews were dispatched, rescuers recovered the body of the teen — 25 feet below the surface.
The teen has been identified as 19-year-old Ryan Hayes. Hayes was a student at N.C. State University. It is not immediately clear what caused the drowning.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
(This story is still developing. Stay with CBS Charlotte for updates as they become available.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- NC Health Insurance Sign-Ups Higher Than Predicted
- Which Team Is Bringing Home The ACC Championship In 2014?
- QCB Unleashed: Charlotte Bobcats Holding Tight Onto Playoff Spot
- Panthers OL Hangartner Says He’s Retiring From NFL
- Rising Star: Manhattan Forward Emmy Andujar
- NC Gov: Panel Should Decide Who Foots Pond Bill
- NC State’s Warren Voted ACC Player Of Year
- Podcast: Addressing the Panthers Wide Receiver Needs
- Behind the Song: Miranda Lambert’s ACM-Nominated ‘Mama’s Broken Heart’
- Top Gender Gap Jobs