Teen Goes Under Water In NC Quarry, Body Recovered
(CBS Charlotte) — Police and fire crews were dispatched to Carrigan Farms in Iredell County this afternoon, amid reports of a drowning.
Five people were believed to be swimming in a quarry when a teenage boy went under water — and did not resurface.
Nearly an hour and a half after emergency crews were dispatched, rescuers recovered the body of the teen — 25 feet below the surface.
The teen has been identified as 19-year-old Ryan Hayes. Hayes was a student at N.C. State University. It is not immediately clear what caused the drowning.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte
(This story is still developing. Stay with CBS Charlotte for updates as they become available.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Talking Bleep w/The QCB Episode #25…Nice
- Ex-Greenville Police Officer Accused Of Tampering with Evidence, Obstructing Justice
- Top 5 NBA Playoff Moments
- NC State’s Dave Doeren on Growing From Year One and His New Quarterback
- Rich Cho on the Bobcats and the ‘Pleasant Surprise’ of Big Al
- Ford To Offer 50th Anniversary Mustang
- Chevrolet Bringing Tiny Trax SUV To US And China
- Toyota Camry Gets A Top-To-Bottom Makeover
- Bar Bans ‘Blurred Lines’ After UNC Student Complained Song Promoted Rape Culture
- The 2015 ACM Awards in Texas Are Already Sold Out