GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — A Pickens County woman charged with killing her two children and injuring her husband has temporarily been transferred to a different jail to get treatment for her own injuries.
Officials said Monday that Suzanna Simpson would be sent to the Greenville County jail so that she could get treatment for back injuries from a car wreck authorities say happened after the shootings.
Simpson was arrested last month and charged with killing her 7-year-old daughter and 5-year-old son in their beds. She is also charged with shooting her husband in the head.
Simpson spent several days in the hospital after crashing a pickup truck into a tree after the shootings. Arrest warrants say she told a hospital room nurse she wanted to kill herself too, but couldn’t pull the trigger.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Keidel: Tomlin Goes From Black & Gold To Black & Blue
- Greg Cosell: Saints Should Attack Mikell And Klein In The Pass Game
- Ted Ginn: I’m Seizing The Opportunity Carolina Gave Me At WR
- Gene Chizik: I Sent Cam Texts Last Season About His Maturity Issues
- CDC: Water At Marine Base Linked To Birth Defects