NC Health Dept.: Poison Gas Not In Pool Inspection
BOONE, N.C. (AP) — Inspectors checked a North Carolina motel where three people are presumed killed by carbon monoxide fumes from a pool water heater, but the local health department says the inspection doesn’t include checking for the poisonous gas.
The Appalachian District Health Department said Tuesday it inspected the swimming pool at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza in Boone six weeks before a Longview, Wash., couple was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning in their motel room. Boone Police Sgt. Shane Robbins said the room is near the indoor pool warmed by a natural gas heater.
Eleven-year-old Jeffrey Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died Saturday in the same room as the Washington couple, 73-year-old Daryl Dean Jenkins and 72-year-old Shirley Mae Jenkins.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Suspect In Fatal Charlotte Shooting Dies In Jail
- Sheriff: Man Drove Burning Truck Into Building
- Thursday Night Football Poll: San Diego Chargers At Denver Broncos
- Former Panther Flashback: Kevin Greene
- UNC: Wainstein Report To Be Released Wednesday
- High School Students Claim Play Canceled Due To Gay Scene Between 2 Male Characters
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants’ World Series Win Won’t Make Them A Dynasty
- Team Grades: Panthers Fail In Almost Every Department In Blowout Loss To Packers
- Authorities Look For SC Prison Escapee In Shelby
- NC Teen Shot In Head By Rifle In Pickup