Mom Charged In Fire That Killed 4 Kids In Court
HARTSVILLE, S.C. (AP) — A 21-year-old Hartsville mother indicted in the deaths of her four children is expected in court.
A judge on Tuesday is expected to consider bond for Hope Hawkins.
Hawkins was indicted last week with charges of homicide by child abuse, involuntary manslaughter and illegal neglect of a child in the April 24 fire at her mobile home.
Investigators say Hawkins initially told them she was home when the fire started, but could not get into a bedroom to save the children. Deputies say she later said she was at the mailbox when she noticed the blaze.
Authorities say neighbors told deputies Hawkins came running home after they noticed the home was on fire.
Hawkins’ 4-year-old son, 2-year-old son and twin 10-month-old daughters died in the fire.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 2 Killed, 8 Injured In Construction Zone Wreck
- Police: Two Brothers In Custody For Courthouse Shooting
- 5 NFL Week 9 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Musicians + Sports: Florida Georgia Line On SEC Football And ‘Anything Goes’ Tailgate Party Concert
- ‘The Hollywood Film Awards’ Announce Additional Attendees