28 Ill After Gas Leak At Lincoln County Plant
LINCOLNTON, N.C. (AP) — More than two dozen people were taken to a hospital after a gas leak at a plant in Lincolnton.
Officials say 27 employees and one firefighter were taken to hospitals in Lincoln and Mecklenburg counties Monday afternoon after a carbon monoxide leak at the R.W. Garcia Corp. plant. All of them were listed in stable condition.
The plant had been evacuated around 1 p.m. Monday. Emergency workers were called about an hour later.
Officials are trying to determine what caused the leak.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Deputy Kills Man At Sonic Fast-Food Restaurant
- Injury Report: Panthers Hurting Badly With Super Bowl Champs Coming To Town
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’