Gun Found By Police When UNC Player Arrested
DURHAM, N.C. (AP) — A police report shows officers seized a 9mm handgun and ammunition when North Carolina basketball player P.J. Hairston was arrested on a marijuana possession charge.
Durham police released the incident report Friday from the Wednesday night traffic stop during which Hairston was arrested. Police spokeswoman Kammie Michael says the pistol was found on the ground outside the GMC Yukon during the search. Also seized were three cigars and a plastic baggie later determined to contain less than a half-ounce of marijuana.
Hairston and his passengers — Miykael Lael Israel Faulcon and Carlos Devone Sanford — were charged and released on $1,000 unsecured bonds.
UNC athletic spokesman Steve Kirschner said university officials are aware of the incident, but he would not elaborate. Hairston led the Tar Heels in scoring last season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- Man Will Now Get Warning Instead Of $525 Fine For Not Paying $0.89 For Refill
- Reactions and Thoughts On Jabari Parker Turning Pro
- The Charlotte Bobcats: Postseason Schedule & Excitement Around Team
- Atheist Group Files ‘Religious Coercion’ Complaint Against Clemson Football Program
- NBA Playoff Odds & Ends: NBA Championship & Conference Winners