ANDERSON, S.C. (AP) — An official says a tornado moved part of a home in Anderson County off its foundation and tore off some of its roof.
County emergency management director Taylor Jones said no one was hurt when the twister touched down Sunday. Jones says firefighters put blue tarps on the home to prevent more damage from rain and the Red Cross helped the family find a place to stay in a local hotel.
Jones says the tornado was an isolated incident. There were a few trees blown down, heavy rain and minor accidents, but nothing major was reported.
The severe weather also rolled through the Midlands, delaying the NCAA baseball tournament game between South Carolina and Liberty.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Trending on CBS Charlotte:
- 25-Year-Old Hickory Woman Accused Of Viewing Porn With Kids
- And the GRAMMY Nominees Are: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Jay Z, Kendrick Lamar and Justin Timberlake
- Police: Newlyweds Killed Man For Thrills
- GRAMMY Nominees 2014: The Full List
- NC Stepfather Receives Suspended Sentence In Death Of Stepdaughter