Basically every single guy I have ever been friends with has asked me why good girls always tend to go for the bad boys … as they’re complaining about finishing last because they’re a nice guy.
And every single one of them had a point, except about the part about them finishing last …
Yes, we girls do tend to date the bad boys from day one — the trouble makers, the bullies, the cheaters, the entitled power whores, the manipulative narcissists, the arrogant womanizing jocks, Tiger Woods … so why do those kind of d-bags always seem to finish first while the nice guy makes out like a start and park NASCAR driver — dead last?
But who realllly loses in the end?
- The nice guy usually ends up in a good career and meeting an equally nice girl that makes a great mother and life partner.
- The a-hole never changes, trades in women like they’re cars — for newer models, but ends up humbled and without love in the end.
- Then there’s the girl … it’s the girl who overlooks the nice guy for the a-hole that really loses in the end. Much like Danica Patrick gets all the hype because she’s a pretty girl, I wouldn’t necessarily call her a winner, would you?
And you, nice guy, don’t want a girl who chases the bad boy anyway, despite how pretty and popular she is. A pretty girl isn’t always a good girl. And so what — you got turned down by the homecoming queen because she’s dating the QB … once the sting wears off you’ll realize the injury is just to your pride and not your heart — then you’ll get over it.
I’m going to let you in on a little secret no woman will ever want me to admit to a man, as they don’t even want to admit it to themselves:
The 3 (real) reasons “good girls” go for “bad boys”…
1. Because she’s emotionally unavailable and thus chases the men who are equally as unattainable. She’s not ready or emotionally capable of submitting to a man — so she dates guys whom she knows subconsciously she won’t hurt. Such as other a-holes. Like does attract like, after all.
2. She tries to “fix them.” Like the girl who always tries to take in stray animals … we see a person who needs Jesus and we want to save them. But newsflash to all women: we are not Jesus, and we can’t change anyone or renew any man’s heart. And not only does this operation of trying to fix a guy fail for the girl, but she ends up breaking down herself.
3. She just never gets asked out or pursued by the nice guy … because the cocky jerks are the only ones with enough confidence to do so. You’d be surprised how many pretty girls don’t get approached by guys, and would give the nice guys a chance if they just grew some balls. Not to complain with first world problems or sound un-humble, but I mean … facebook creepers aside, the only guys that ever seem to show me attention are the athletes that come into the studio – I rarely get asked out otherwise, and am never approached when I’m out. True story – just ask T-Bone, Colin, and Mac.
Either way … the girl is always going to end up getting hurt. And who does she come crying to … the nice guy! And that usually happens after they’ve been happily married for five years and on their second child.
We all need a bad guy to mistreat us to put us in our place and show us what we want and don’t want in a man. So the bad boys only benefit you nice guys in the end, when she’s ready for a real man.
So the only way the nice guys finish last, is by being a girl’s last guy
Got a question for Flash Girl you need a ‘womanswer’ to? Then email firstname.lastname@example.org!