March is Women’s History Month. As the nation continues to pay tribute to the generations of women who have made invaluable contributions throughout American history, you too can get in of the festivities.
If you have a daughter, niece, sister, granddaughter, or a special female in your life this is the perfect opportunity to celebrate girl power.
Check out festive ways to celebrate Women’s History Month with the women you love!
1. Treat a local heroin to lunch. This can be anyone from a prominent politician to your child’s teacher. Honor women who are dedicated to making an impact in our world.
2. Take a trip. Plan a trip with your girlfriends to a site that honors women’s history. Escape for a day or even make it a weekend excursion.
3. Introduce an influential woman in history to the next generation. Give your daughter, niece, or granddaughter a biography of a woman who accomplished important goals that match her young interests. If she’s an aspiring writer, biographies of Maya Angelou or Zora Neale Hurston are great options.
4. Donate to a charity geared towards helping women. Money isn’t the only type of donation needed. Non-profits often need clothing, supplies, and even food products. Your time is also another valuable commodity.
5. Attend a local event. Various organizations are hosting Women’s History events this month. Find one and bring a friend.
6. Create your own event that celebrates the contributions of women. You could focus on local heroines or choose to include national or international phenomenal women.
7. Help a single mother. Single mothers give so much of themselves to their family. Help a hardworking mom by doing her grocery shopping, helping clean her house, or even by watching her kids while she indulges in a night off.
8. Host a movie night! Gather all your friends to watch a movie with a strong female lead. Once the film finishes have a discussion on the material.
-Jennifer Hall, CBS Local