Charlotte Hotel Evacuated After Natural Gas Leak
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (CBS Charlotte) — Earlier this morning, a Charlotte hotel was evacuated due to a natural gas leak.
The Charlotte Fire Department and local authorities were dispatched to the Arlington Suites on South Tryon Street, around 3 a.m.
It was determined that copper tubing had been stolen from the hotel, which led to the gas leak.
Guests of the hotel spent nearly an hour waiting outside, before being able to return to their rooms.
No injuries were reported, and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is still investigating the incident.
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte