Ok guys, Valentine’s Day is in a few days – and yes, I know it’s an over-rated Hallmark holiday – but it’s still the one day of the year you’re required to step up and be romantic. So here are some tips to score points with your woman.
Because we will know if you just grab something from the pharmacy or grocery store when you’re waiting in line to get your prescription or a case of beer. We want you to put a little more thought into it. But don’t worry, I’ll do that for you, you just need to read on…
1. Send her flowers – TO HER AT WORK! There’s nothing that makes you look like a better man than when her co-workers are oooh’ing and awww’ing over your sweet gesture for her. Flowers will make for a nice desk-oration, but if you want to step it up even further, order some chocolate covered strawberries like Shari’s Berries, so she can share them with her co-workers and be the office hero at the same time. WFNZ will help you out: order HERE and put in the promo code “OTB” (but hurry cause that deal ends!)
Note: to score even more points, do this when it’s NOT Valentine’s Day, then you’ll look really thoughtful and sweet.
2. Unless it’s The Vermont Hunka Love 4 1/2 foot giant teddy bear, do not get her a stuffed animal if she’s over the age of 10. Women put decorative throw pillows on their beds, not stuffed animals. Every stuffed teddy bear I’ve gotten from a guy has since become a toy for my dog, even when I liked the guy.
3. Anyone can make reservations for a nice restaurant, but cook up some romance and make her a candlelit dinner at home instead … not to mention it’s cheaper and it’s a nice cover up if you procrastinated making reservations and the only place you can get into is Chick-Fil-A (though that is still fine dining, if you ask me). Google some recipes of her favorite foods, or go to a place like Whole Foods that has pre-made meals that will only require you to put it in the oven. And you can order some sides from the deli section, put them in a nice serving bowl and she won’t know the difference.
4. You will never lose with chocolates … they’re easy to buy and will satisfy her hormonal cravings. But just don’t gripe if we put on a few pounds from eating the whole box.
5. If you get her a piece of jewelry, just make sure it’s not in a ring box when you give it to her. You’ll either freak her out, or get her hopes up … either way, you ruin the moment, so spare yourself the dramatics and ask the jeweler for a rectangular box.
6. Lingerie … we know it’s really for you. But Victoria’s coveted secret is that we love their bra and panties and line of sweatpants more than the sexy satin get-ups they decorate the angels with. So if you pick up some kinky role-playing outfit, grab a gift card so we can go get something comfortable for us too.
You’re welcome, boys
Happy Valentine’s Day … before I sign off just want to spread the love to you all for listening (and reading)!