ACC Top Five
This is far from a science, but here is how I rank the top ACC teams as of today. But, the way this crazy conference is going, I have a pretty good feeling, things will be different come Monday.
1) Miami- you can’t argue with 9-0 in conference, the #1 Strength of Schedule in the Country and a rout over Duke.
2) Duke- This team is finding a groove without Ryan Kelly. The combination of three point shooters and Mason Plumlee inside is lethal. Can’t wait to see Canes-Devils part 2 on March 2nd.
3) NC State- Yes I know they are 5-5 and in 6th place. But, with Zo Brown back on a neutral court, would you pick anyone but Duke and Miami from the ACC to beat State?
4) UNC- Don’t look now, but the Heels have won 6 of 7 in the ACC and have scored 80 points or more in 3 of the last 4 games. And, damn near every guy on the team is getting better.
5) Virginia- Yes, they beat the Heels, but that was awhile ago, at UVA and The Heels are getting better each week. Outside of Jim Larranaga, I don’t know if any coach has been better than Tony Bennett.