Top 10 Things Americans Like More Than Congress
Despite saving Americans from the “Fiscal Cliff,” the 112th Congress of the United States of America will probably go down in history as the least popular Congress of all time. In many ways, the 112th Congress impeded the overall efficiency of the federal government.
Earlier this month, the 112th Congress finally came to a close — with a nine percent approval rating from the American people. So what do Americans favor more than Congress? We’ve put together a list that may surprise you!
1. Who doesn’t love tax liens, bank levies, or having their wages garnished? In 2009, 40 percent of Americans gave the IRS a thumbs up.
2. Who doesn’t love to be late? 29 percent of Americans approve of the airline industry.
3. Who doesn’t love a president who doubles the national debt? On George W. Bush’s way out of office, 23 percent of Americans approved of the job he was doing.
4. Who doesn’t love spending all day shoveling snow in the cold, only to wake up the next day and probably have to shovel again? 23 percent of Americans like to shovel snow.
5. Who doesn’t love paying more for gas? Still, Americans gave the oil and gas industry a 20 percent approval rating.
6. Who doesn’t love to watch a reality show starring a spoiled brat? Back in 2005, 15 percent of Americans liked Paris Hilton.
7. Who doesn’t love a good ole’ pat down at the airport? 13 percent of Americans approve of TSA’s airport security.
8. Who doesn’t love watching a good powerbomb? 12 percent of Americans enjoy watching Professional wrestling.
9. Who doesn’t love the idea of having more than one spouse? 11 percent of Americans think that polygamy is perfectly acceptable.
10. Who doesn’t love the idea of a classless society? 11 percent of Americans say they would prefer that America was a Communist nation.
Clearly, Congress should pat themselves on the back!
-Nichole Jaworski, CBS Charlotte