Marc James’ “Biggest Turkeys Of The Year”
10. The BCS: What if Notre Dame loses to Southern Cal (Without Matt Barkley) & Georgia squeaks by Alabama in overtime of the SEC Championship? Since its inception back in ’98, the BCS is a total MESS. Glass half full/half empty: we still or only have to endure one more year of this crap.
9. The NCAA: better known as The “Kangaroo Court” is now in year two (pretty soon Year three) investigating The “U”. There are quadruple homicide trials which take less time. When the Suits in Indianapolis decide to render their verdict on the Nevin Shapiro scandal, inquiring minds like mine would like to know.
8. Miami Marlins: Owner Jeffrey Loria dupes the city of Miami & Dade County to publicly fund a state-of-the-art ball park. Then trades All-Star Jose Reyes to the Blue Jays along with Mark Buehrle, Josh Jonson, John Buck, and Emilio Bonifacio. The players traded by the Marlins have combined guaranteed salaries of $163.75 million through 2018, including $96 million due Reyes. After agreeing to send $8.5 Million to Toronto as part of the deal, the Marlins cut their payroll by $146.5 million. Even Bernie Madoff thinks this a ponzi scheme.
7. David Stern: First he allows George Shinn to rob the city of Charlotte of its first and original pro sports franchise, the Hornets. The, he hijacks the city (ALLEGEDLY) in a back room “Snake Oil Salesman” of the #1 pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, aka Anthony Davis. At least the Commissioner has finally announced his target retirement date of February 2014. Everyone is anxiously waiting with overzealous anticipation.
6. The “Honey Badger” Tyrann Mathieu: From a Heisman finalist last year to thrown off the team for substance abuse, and more recently arrested for marijuana possession. Even David Amerson from N.C. State thinks Honey Badger’s stock is falling like Enron.
5. Marty Hurney: Never had back-to-back winning seasons. Put the Panther in salary cap hell with exorbitant signing bonuses to underachievers like “ME”Angelo Williams & Charles “GARBAGE” Godfrey. Thankfully, the now former General Manager has left the building forever.
4. Ryan Kalil: One of the best centers in the NFL. But makes a ridiculous “Super Bowl Proclamation” about the Panthers taking home their 1st ever Vince Lombardi trophy. Ends up on I.R. and looks like the “Anti-Joe Namath” for making a prediction to Panther nation that he and the team could NOT Deliver.
3. Floyd Mayweather: Serves a prison sentence for assaulting a woman (Will men and athletes NEVER learn you can’t hit a woman?!?!) Now he’s running from Manny Pacquiao like Wesley Snipes did of the IRS to avoid paying taxes.
2. Chad Ocho-Cinco Johnson: Any man who puts his hands on a woman in a violent manner should be locked up and have the key thrown out. This insecure, attention-seeking, ass clown is out of the league hopefully Forever!
1. Ron Rivera, Jerry Richardson, & the Carolina Panthers: I saved the WORST for last. Super Bowl proclamation into “The MOST DISAPPOINTING team in the NFL”. Rivera looks lost like a deer in the headlights. His career record vs. teams above .500 (going into the game) is 2-9. Unfortunately, due to Rivera’s lack of direction and preparation, 2011 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Cam Newton’s game has regressed more than Alan Major’s hairline. Please end this nightmare season; get rid of OVERPAID, UNDERACHIEVERS like DeAngelo Williams and Charles “GARBAGE” Godfrey; hire a “REAL” General Manager & a “REAL” Head Coach; start to get back to respectability once and for all.