Panthers-Texans: What To Watch For
Finally the Panthers will suit up on Saturday and hit someone other than themselves. Here’s what I can’t wait to look for on Saturday.
1) Pass Rush–Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Seriously, I don’t care if it is Greg Hardy, Antwan Applewhite, Thomas Keiser or rookie Frank Alexander. Someone other than Charles Johnson needs to step up and get after the QB. CJ had 9 sacks and no one else had more than 4. And, that can’t happen because of our……….
2) Secondary—This unit also has one guy I believe in; Chris Gamble. Someone else needs to prove they are not allergic to runner and receivers. The tackling and coverage needs to get better in this area.
3) Kickers—CFL import Justin Medlock had been the best in camp. But, can he do it with the lights on. We will see Saturday as he battles with Olindo Mare.
4) Joe Adams—This dude was pure electric as a return man. But, will that carry over to the NFL? We get our first look on Saturday.
5) Blitzing—This team was very vanilla last year, blitzing only about 20 percent of the time. They say that will change. But, will they show something in the preseason? And, will it be effective?
6)Cam Newton–Ok, I am not worried about him, but damn he is always the one to watch.
7) Topcats- Hey the Cheerleaders have some rookies we need to check out too. And heck we haven’t seen the vets in awhile.