Police: Man Overdoses On Heroin Outside Of ‘Ted’ Showing
CHARLOTTE (CBS Charlotte) – Police say a man overdosed on heroin outside of a Charlotte movie theater as he waited to see a screening of the new comedy movie “Ted.”
The 22-year-old man from Indian Land, S.C., was in the parking lot of Starlight Cinemas when he lost consciousness after taking too much heroin, police told WSOC-TV.
According to the station, he “wanted to consume heroin before going in to see the movie.”
He was driven to Carolinas Medical Center University, where he was treated. It has reportedly not yet been determined whether or not charges will be filed against him.
The movie, which opened June 29, stars actors Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis.
“Family Guy” creator Seth MacFarlane is credited with directing, co-writing and producing “Ted.” He also provides the voice for Ted, the talking stuffed bear after whom the movie is named.
The movie earned $54 million in its opening weekend.