Lee County Man Electrocuted On Family Farm
BISHOPVILLE, S.C. (AP) — A Lee County man has died after he was electrocuted while working in a field on his family’s farm.
Lee County Coroner Alford Elmore says 26-year-old William D. Welsh was electrocuted Monday morning while working on an irrigation system at Welsh Farms.
Elmore says power wasn’t shut off to the system, and Welsh pinched a wire with 480 volts passing through it.
Welsh was rushed to a hospital but was later pronounced dead.
Funeral services have been set for Wednesday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)