Arrrrrrrr! … I’m speaking my new language.
Along with the rest of America, being taken out to the ballgame is one of my favorite past times. But I’ve been conflicted as Charlotte doesn’t have an MLB team to cheer for. Not that I don’t get my baseball fix with the Charlotte Knights, but I need a major league team to root for so I can talk smack to Mac about his Orioles and T-Bone about his Yankees. So, I set out to find an MLB team to call my own.
This past weekend I ventured to Pittsburgh and found some Pirate booty.
Why the Pirates? …
1. They have the longest futility streak in history, which I’m use to as a Bobcats fan – Cheers to the underdog!
2. They have more than just domestic light beers at their concession stands (priorities) – I’d much rather have a beer than Crackerjacks!
3. The game I went to last weekend had a Boyz II Men concert following it, and I was happy to discover I still remember all the words to the songs played at my Middle School dances … Yet, I can’t remember what I did last week.
4. The view from the stadium gives you something to look at when the balls not in play
5. The Pirates’ parrot mascot was flashing the other team from atop Pittsburgh’s dug-out
6. Pittsburgh hosted the first ever World Series
7. I witnessed the Pirates beat Kansas City, and I find myself mentioning them quite often in my flashes this season within the National League winners. It gives me hope for the Bobcats next season! ha
And last but not least, I just really like my new Pirates baseball hat I got there, which I can wear to The Fan studios when I don’t feel like showering at 5 in the morning before the show. Don’t judge me.
All legitimate reasons to choose a team, right? … If you’re a girl I guess.
Check out my photo gallery from the game!