The More Things Change…
By: Bruce Wilson October 20, 2011 2:57 PM
Buy Panthers Tickets
Sunday Dec 14
Sunday Dec 21
The saying goes “The more things change, the more they stay the same.” Never has the cliché been more accurate than now. Amongst the chaos of my major house renovation and my busiest time of year, I offer you examples of consistency.
- Change: New Carolina Panthers head coach. Outcome: Better play calling but typical Panthers mistakes (need I remind everyone of the timeout at the end of the 1st half of the New Orleans game).
- Change: New Carolina Panthers quarterback. Outcome: Better offensive production but typical Panthers fans complaining about unimportant things (like towels on heads, smiles, and celebrations).
- Change: North Carolina Tarheels return the core of their NCAA Regional Finals team and are almost the unanimous #1 ranked team in the preseason poll. Outcome: They still scheduled more cupcakes than Sean May can handle on a Saturday night at the Epicentre. Only 4 ranked teams on their entire schedule (compared to 9 on South Carolina’s schedule).
- Change: SEC actually looks like it will be decent in college basketball this year. Outcome: Kentucky will still run through the conference and contend for another Final Four (making Warren Havens and Brian Rushing happy).
- Change: The NBA is locked out and will miss regular season games. Outcome: Attendance at Bobcats games will be unaffected.
- Change: New quarterback and running back for the South Carolina Gamecocks. Outcome: They will still win the SEC East and represent the division in Atlanta (and let’s be real for the first time this year, where they will lose to whoever comes out of the SEC West).
- Change: Fellow WFNZ Bloggers Chris Johnson and Daniel Guy will make some sad NFL Picks in our pool this week. Outcome: Actually this is not a change, that is normal.
- Change: The ACC was upside down for the first half of the college football season with Duke and Georgia Tech leading the Coastal division. Outcome: Virginia Tech will end up in Charlotte for the conference championship game again.
- Change: Texas is the new team to beat in the American League. Outcome: The Rangers will still be dominated by a veteran St. Louis squad in the World Series.
- Change: My house will have a new roof, new exterior paint, new gutters, new garage ceiling, and a new back deck. Outcome: I will still have the most kick ass Halloween Costume Party around on Sat. October 29th! Let me know if you want to attend by Tweeting ‘#WFNZ 610-AM & #CBSradio Rules’ to me @BruceRWilson and I’ll put you on the guest list.